Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Haley Holder

A couple weeks ago I decided that I wanted a new sling because mine was getting on my nerves with all the tons of padding it had in it. I swear the Nojo people went nuts with padding. So I began researching different slings, and happened upon a few sites that explained how to make slings. I thought... hmmm... can't be that hard? So I called up my mom and she helped me ALOT and I made a sling. I kept thinking of things I would do differently if I made another one. Then Laurie's sister, Lisa saw my sling and told Laurie she wanted one, and gave her some $ to give to me to make her one. She called it a 'haley holder'. She said 'I want a haley holder!!' How cute is that? I was super nervous taking her money for one, because I wasn't sure if I could do it again. But... I did! And then I made one for a friend of mine at church who has a baby shower coming up, then I figured while I was at it I would make one for Laurie, too. So just a warning... I've really figured this stuff out, and it's fun and pretty easy, so if you have a baby, or are going to have a baby you might just get your own personal 'haley holder'!!!

Here is me and Savanna, Laurie and Maggie, and Lisa and Morgan with our haley holders - didn't they turn out cute??

Another shot of me and Savanna with our haley holder. I have the fabric to make myself another one now that I've figured it out - it's a super cute brown.

Here are the 4 that I've made so far... Lauries on the left, then Kriste's (the baby shower I'm going to), then Lisa's, then mine

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also had a friend of mine (Brandy) teach me how to make baby hats. She helped me alot with Savanna's but I did Maggie's all on my own. I'm so proud - they turned out so cute! Maggie's I accidently made WAY too big.... (it fit on Joey!!) but I figured out how to tack in one pannel without it being noticable, and next year (or the next!) we can let that pannel back out and it will still fit her! Here are the cuties

Neither of them were excited about their hats, but they sure look cute, don't they??


Mags is such a cutie, don't you think?? :)

8 comments:

Amanda B. said...

I wanna Haley holder and a hat and booties!!! Oh... I guess I need a baby first, huh?

Brandy said...

Everything turned out sooo great! I think I may have to add ties to Kaylee's hat if she is going to use it all summer. She'll sometimes keep it on for long periods of time, but I think it is because she forgets that it is there!

Stephanie said...

They turned out really cute. Have a good time at Kriste's baby shower. It sounds like it will be fun. I didn't tell Janet I wouldn't be able to make it. :(

Cami said...

Way to go, Sara! The slings look great and the hats are adorable! You should sell them on Etsy.

Unknown said...

Great job! I don't know what you learned/changed from yours to the next ones, but I can see a difference in how they seem to fit. Good work on figuring all that out! Altering a technique is harder than just following one, I think. I'm very impressed. maybe some day when we get together I can get some sewing tips from you. And I love the hats too. Way cute! I need a white hat for Gwen to wear outside (like when we go to the zoo), but haven't found anything super cute. How much would you sell yours for? Can I make special requests? and, yes, you SHOULD sell them on Etsy!

Melanie said...

Good work, Sara! Love the new pic. of the two kids!

Maya said...

i echo everyone who said you should sell these. i will do an advertisement on my blog like i did for abbey if you do decide to. also, how much do you charge for the hats? i've been looking everywhere for a hat for miles like that but all the ones here are too big and the little "newsies" hat he has falls off all the time :-/

Autumn said...

Absolutely darling! You should sell on etsy! ps, Savanna's smile is SOOOO cute in that picture!