Monday, January 25, 2010

Kris' birthday!

Yesterday was Kris' 27th Birthday!! He had a nice relaxing day, which I think he needed!! He didn't want any presents, so I decided to make his favorite food for the day. For breakfast I made him a 'sunshine skillet' from Bob Evans - he loves them, and the're pretty easy to make! It's kind of like an omlet in a bowl - egg, potatoes, sausage, sausage gravy, and cheese. For dinner he wanted homemade Chipotle, which was a daunting task, but I think we did pretty well!! I started the day before by marinating the chicken in a chipotle marinade - I found the recipe here . Then, it was just a matter of making the rice, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, and everything else that goes into it. He made it actually very easy on me because he doesn't actually like the wrapped burritos - he likes the burrito bowls (I think he likes food all mixed together... lol!) So instead of having to find the ginormous wraps, I just had to find a big bowl for him to mix it up in. He works so hard that I'm glad he was able to have a day to just relax - we went to chruch in the morning, then he got to nap until about 5! then he hung out with the kids while I cooked dinner. Here are some pictures from the day!



Here is his 'sunshine skillet' he had for breakfast. I forgot to take a picture until about half way through, but you get the idea. :)
Here he is with the kids while I was cooking dinner. It cracked me up because Savanna was being rather fussy so Kris decided to turn cartoons on his Iphone for the kids while he watched the show he was watching on the regular TV. Yup- I have a family full of couch potatoes.!


And here's his 'birthday cake'. He actually doesn't really like cake very much - he is a fan of carrot cake, but he would much prefer ice cream. So I got him his favorite ice cream and put a candle in it so we could still sing happy birthday to him. :)

Happy Birthday Kris!! Love you!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to see a pic of the chipotle bowl. I've never heard of one. I laughed when you said he likes to mix everything together. I definitely am guilty of doing that sometimes! Glad you could make Kris's b-day such a special and relaxing one for him. Happy B-day!

Amanda B. said...

Hey, where's the picture of the burrito bowl?!?! That is what I was looking for! ;)

Happy B-day Kris! :)