These are 2 recipes that I LOVE and have hidden food you would never guess and are actually extremely easy. Joey enjoys both of these, as well, which is awesome because he is difficult to get to eat anything remotely healthy....
Black Bean Brownies
1 normal size can of Black Beans
1 normal size box of brownie mix
1) open can of black beans into colander - drain and rinse beans
2) return beans to can, fill with water until just barely over beans
3) put beans and water in food processor and puree
4) mix bean puree and brownie mix together
5) bake according to package directions
Using the beans in place of the oil and eggs saves boocoo calories. This makes 20 brownies at 2 WW points a piece. They are a little more dense than 'regular' brownies, but are still really yummy and you can't taste the beans at all! And very high fiber and protein, and low fat!
Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
1 normal size (15 oz?) can of Pumpkin
1 normal size box of devils food cake mix
1) mix entire can of Pumpkin with entire box of cake mix
2) fill cupcake tin and bake according to package directions
Again, using the pumpkin instead of oil and so on saves lots of calories, and again makes these high in fiber and low in fat. This also makes dense muffins but are really yummy. The batter is very thick. Makes 12 large muffins at 4 WW points a piece. A yummy addition that of course adds a few calories, but not too bad is to throw in a couple handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the mix.
YUMMY! Happy eating! :-) Let me know if you try these and how they turn out for you!
1 day ago

5 comments:
Thanks for posting the pumpkin recipe! They were delicious. Not so sure I will brave the black bean ones, but you never know...
Ooo, I'm glad you posted the black bean brownies. I've been wanting to try them ever since you and Stephanie were talking about them at the playgroup in Janurary. Thanks!
Thanks for putting the recipes on here. I've only had the black bean brownies and they are delicious. I'll for sure try the pumpkin muffins. Loved your Joey chatter post, it was cute.
I wanna try the muffins...sounds yummy! :)
I've been meaning to ask you for the brownie recipe, just like Brandy. Thank you for encouraging my lazyness and posting it. :)
Post a Comment