Monday, November 16, 2009

My little speckled baby

Guess who is 15 months old?? My cute little baby!! I can't believe it's gone by so fast!! I guess I can't really call her a baby any more, but she will forever be my baby!

Today was her 15 month appointment and it went great! We just started at a new pediatrician, which I was super nervous about, but the appointment today went really well and he was so easy to talk to, I think he'll be a great pediatrician for us. As for Savanna, here's her stats:

34 inches tall (well above the 95%!)
25 lbs 3 oz (80%)
head circ. 18 inches (45%)

She sure is tall!! She jabbers all the time now, but her most consistent words are doggy and book. She says da da on occasion, too, but that's just when she's in the mood to melt daddy's heart! :) She's yet to say mama. :( She is such a joy though and such a happy baby, but is quite independant and demanding! She cracks me up.

But, I had to put pictures in here of my little speckled baby. A couple weeks ago she had a high fever (103+!) for a few days and then broke into a rash. Roseola!! Joey had this as a baby and was just miserable - He couldn't eat or drink and just cried all the time. Savanna, all she had was a fever! She was still super pleasant and ate well. I am glad it wasn't as miserable for her as it was for Joey. Joey always seems to be a bit sicker of a child - poor kid! I hope that means Savanna will always be able to deal with being sick so well!

The pictures didn't turn out real great, but you can see here her speckled belly.

And her speckled neck!

The rash only lasted a couple days and then she was back to her normal self! Glad to have that illness out of the way.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad she's feeling better. Gwen was just sooooo lethargic it was crazy. Like a different baby entirely.

she sure is tall! Glad she is growing so healthy and all!