We drove out there Sunday, and Sunday evening we spent a couple hours in the pool and then had dinner. Monday Kris had to go to his meeting, so the kids and I decided to visit Shedd's Aquarium in down town Chicago. It was soooo neat!! Although driving through Chicago was SO scary for me!! I swear there were times I was close to hyperventilating! I was in Kris' Suburban - which is HUGE - trying to fit it through those Chicago streets w/ only about a BILLION other cars!! But we made it to the aquarium safely - thank goodness!! We got to see a 4-D movie of "Happy Feet", got to see all kinds of neat fish, and got to see a real show with Baluga Whales, Dolphins, Sea Lions, Penguins, and Hawks. It was so cool!! The kids seemed to enjoy it too. Then Tuesday we played in the hotel pool for a while in the morning and drove home that evening! The kids were WONDERFUL on this trip - they did so great sitting in the car for so long! Anyway - here are just a few pics that I got of the trip! Mostly of the aquarium!
Here I shot this pic when I was stopped at a red light - the building over the bridge is the "Chicago Stock Exchange" or something like that. I couldn't believe how many CARS there were! And parking in Chicago is CRAZY!! It was $20/day in most places! And one parking lot had a sign that said "Monthly parking fee: $280" Who can afford that?!? sheesh. I don't like big cities...
Here is Savanna in the "polar play area" sliding down the slide like a penguin! :)
Here is Savanna next to the dolphin tank watching the dolphins! It was SO neat! The Dolphins would often swim really fast right across the windows! And just upstairs is where they did the dolphin show and they would do jumps and all that fun stuff! Also, we got to see a baby baluga whale that was just born not to long ago!






1 comment:
"jealous!!!" :)
What a fun trip for you guys! :)
Post a Comment