Well today when I was at the store with my dad (we do grocery shopping together most saturdays) I got a call from Kris (this was at about 2 pm) saying that he was going to the emergency room because he was having horrible pain in his abdomen. Great. I was really really worried and just kinda sat around anxious waiting for some news. Thankfully John was calling me with updates when he could. I am so greatful that John is taking such good care of him when I cannot! They took him back for a cat scan and found that he had a blockage in his small intestine which has probably been there for a while and all the food or whatever he ate after the blockage got there has just been backing up behind it. Thus his abdomen was really kinda blowing up like a balloon - no wonder he was in pain! They drugged him up - which he greatly appreciated and had to put a tube up his nose into his stomach/intestines to remove all the pressure behind the blockage. They are hoping with the pressure removed that the blockage itself will move which will resolve the issue. If not, then, well, let's just hope it moves. Otherwise surgery may be necessary. Ugh.
I am just dying because I can't be there with him. I have to wait and see what is going on. Even if I could to fly out there, the airports are closed because they have been slammed with snow. And there's no way I can drive with savanna by myself and I can't leave her here since I am nursing her. Well, I could, but I'd rather keep her with me because with the whole nursing thing, it's hard to be away from her when she's this young. Especially since I don't know how long I would be gone.
AND to top it all off, Joey's been pretty snotty and conjested today, but I just chalked it up to a 3 year old's normal cold. Well tonight before he went to bed just for kicks I took his temperature and it was 101*. Poor kid. I gave him tylenol and he went straight to sleep, but he just woke up about half an hour ago and threw up. Now he is sleeping again, but I'm not sure if he will sleep or if he will wake up more sick. I'm just so tired - emotionally tired that is. I'm worried beyond belief about Kris, I'm worried about Joey, I'm worried about what I will do with Joey if I do go out to PA, I'm worried how Savanna will handle the trip, I'm worried about even if Kris does get out of the hospital, how will he get home with the feet of snow they got out there? I'm just worried about everything.
I think I will list the things that I am thankful for so maybe I will smile a bit. I am thankful that I have so much family close to help me with the kids. I am thankful that Kris isn't any more sick than he is - it could be so much more serious. I am thankful that John is taking such great care of my husband - I'm sure that's the last thing he wanted to do with his weekend, but he is treating him like he is family, which I am endebted to him for. I am grateful for our church - I know it is same wherever we go. I was able to get online, find the bishop of the area that the hospital is in, call him and ask him to get priesthood together to give Kris a blessing. They should be able to get out there in the morning - unfortunately the roads are terrible out there right now. Anyway, just please keep Kris in your prayers and pray he will make it home safe and SOON! I'm not good at the single parent thing.
This is a picture of Kris with the tube and stuff that John took on his phone and sent to me. :( poor guy! He is never going out of town without me again!


3 comments:
I'm sorry Sara! I'll keep you in my prayers tonight. I hope Joey gets better and Kris recovers quickly! Love ya'!
Oh Sara, I'm sorry to hear about all this! Just keep telling yourself that the Lord is in charge and all will be well, right? I wish it were that easy. I think you should find someone to drive out there with you if you end up going. You're a great person, and things will work out for you and your family.
This really just stinks...when it rains it pours! That is just the "cherry" on top that Joey had to get sick as well. You know I will do whatever! I am right down the road and I will be at mom and dad's tonight too. So, if you are able to come to mom and dad's, great! If not, I will come there. (I say, as long as Joey isn't throwing up- come on over! But, I will come there and help after church if he is!!) Love you!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment