Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

Well, I know I haven't posted in forever, and I apologize to the few of you that actually look at my blog, but here I am with my belated Christmas post. Christmas went GREAT but was very exhausting. First off, it was so exciting this year, because this is the first year that Joey really understood the concept of Christmas and Santa and Christ's birthday and why we get gifts and so on. He was STOKED in the morning to find that Santa had eaten his cookies and drank his milk - he was even happy to finish the half of cookie that 'Santa' had left:


Next, he was very excited to find that Santa had left presents under the tree - here are some pictures of him opening them:



This one is Joey 'helping' Savanna open her presents!



It's hungry hungry hippos!! :) A classic





Now, the next story is sooooo cute! Since Joey understood that Santa would bring him presents, there has been only one thing that he has been asking for from Santa - a 'walking talking Lightning McQueen' (from the movie cars). I was so excited because I knew that would be a great gift for us to get for him. Well, my parents bought it for him before I got a chance to! So, I explained to him that Santa takes presents everywhere, and he might take his Lightning to another house and we'd have to go see. Well, of course it wasn't under our tree Christmas morning, but he was very happy with what Santa did bring him. He didn't even mention 'walking talking Lightning McQueen' once. I was happy he wasn't disappointed even though he didn't get what he asked for yet. Next, we went to Kris' mom's house for christmas dinner. I don't have any pictures from that unfortunately, but she got him a TAG reading system w/ some books to go with it. Again, he was very happy. And again, he didn't even mention his Lightning! I was hoping he had forgotten about it. Well, then we went to my Sister Julie's house for Christmas dinner. After dinner we opened presents. It was SO cute when he opened the Lightning from Grandma and Grandpa:

He smiled REALLY big and said 'IT WAS HERE!'
How cute is that?? He really had been thinking about it all day and was just waiting to see if it was at any other houses since it wasn't at ours. So cute. He's my little guy! Here are some more pictures of christmas at my sister's house taken by my mom, since I forgot to pack my camera!!

This is Joey and his cousin, Kenny

Jacob, Kenny, and Joey - he LOVES these guys!! He always can't wait to play with them!

My Savanna with her surprise face!


Savanna holding her new VW bus from Aunt Amanda and looking at her new doll from Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Slack

Savanna with mommy looking at her car toy from Aunt Melissa and Uncle Randy

Savanna didn't last long.... she loves sleeping on her Daddy!! :-)
For those who are wondering, Kris' shirt says 'NO, I will not fix your computer' - ha ha - so fitting for him!


My momma opening the gift I got for her - a ticket to Time Out for Women! For those of you who don't know, it's this AWESOME womens conference run by Deseret Book Company, which is affiliated with my church. It's always so fun! My mom, my sister Amanda, and I are all going together in Cincinnati in May! YAY!

This is my papa smurf opening the car we got for him - he collects models of old cars. I got him a 1960 something (cant remember the exact year....) Ford Mustang. I LOVE mustangs and will someday have one when I don't have to squeeze in car seats!

Overall, Christmas was an awesome day. We all had fun and it was relaxed, and both Kris and I got to see our families. We even got to go to Kris' dad's house after we left my sister's house. It is SO nice to have both of our families so close!! We get to share our holidays with them all and don't have to chose where we are going. I don't know what I would do without my family so close to help me with my babies!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

What a fun Christmas!! I didn't know that Time Out was here again. I can't figure out the meaning of your new blog-I'll have to check back! :)