Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sooooooooo big!!!

I had to post about my little boy who is quickly becoming a big boy! It is amazing me how quickly he is growing up!! It is so fun to see his little personality coming out and view his emotions and reactions to different things. Sometimes it amazes me how grown-up he acts and how understanding he is of everything, and then other times (like yesterday!) I see he is still just 3 years old and i need to remember that in the temper tantrums he still rarely throws.

We were at a play date yesterday and he was doing great, but I think he was just over tired and started throwing a fit because (*gasp*!) someone else touched his cars. So since he wouldn't get over his fit I said we had to go home - which made him even madder and he was screaming his head off. Quite embarrassing in front of the other moms, but I know they have ALL been there before, and I know Joey will be there someday with his kids as well! I get so frustrated, but I know I have to remember that he is still just 3! He's not the little adult he acts like most of the time!

At the beginning of the year, he started in primary at church. At our church, nursery is for kids 18 months to 3 years old and primary is for kids 3 to 12 years old. The switch to primary was a big one for Joey because instead of playing the whole time, they actually have lessons and a children's service and stuff. He seems to really like it. Well I know it's sinking in because we really don't sing many church songs around the house just because I really don't think about it. Usually Joey prefers to listen to the Cars movie soundtrack. But Sunday on the way home from church I over heard him in the back seat singing 'lead me, guide me, walk beside me...' How cute! Then later on that day he was singing 'Hello, Hello, Hello...' (the Hello song for visitors). Then today he was playing and I overheard him singing 'Follow the prophet.' How cute! I am so glad he is in primary now and is obviously taking it all in - even though when I check on him in there he looks less-than-interested. And his new teacher is just amazing! She is so high-energy and keeps the 8 - 3 year olds she has under control! Thank you Sister Dawes!!

At any rate, I am so proud of my little Joey. He tries so hard to be a good boy and he's so smart. It is soooo fun watching him grow and learn. It amazes me every day the things he does. I love my little man!!!

No comments: