Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Adventures in babysitting

Anyone remember that movie? I remember watching at as a child and thinking it was outrageous - that things that crazy don't really happen while babysitting. Well, I have learned - they can and do!!!

I have been babysitting regularly since Joey was 6 months old, so that makes it just over 3 years now. I started off babysitting for a friend of mine from when I worked at the middle school, Laurie. She and I had boys 2 1/2 months apart. I had Joey in July and she had Ethan in October. So when she started back to work in January, I started babysitting for her. A coulple of months later, I started watching a little girl named Dyllan - she was only 2 weeks younger than Joey. Then, I was watching a little boy named Aiden for a little while, and a little boy named Jack, then a little girl named Landynne. Needless to say before I knew it I had a regular day care going!! I rarely had more than 4 kids here at a time - other wise I think I would have gone nuts.

Then when I got pregnant with Savanna and Laurie was pregnant for her second as well, Maggie. I told everyone that after mid-June I would no longer be able to babysit for them, on account I would keep my original client - and between her 2 and my 2, I would be full until the babies got older. I was sad to have to send the other children away. After watching them for so long, I really came to love them! But now I have Ethan and Maggie and they are awesome! I am so happy that Laurie and Brian trust me with them, as I have sooo much fun with them! And it's just perfect how Ethan and Joey are the same age and Savanna and Maggie are the same age. The babies have really started to play well together recently, too!

At any rate, I figured I would put in a few pictures of my 'adventures in babysitting' so I can have them on record, as I am hoping to print this blog into a book for my children someday... I know I'm a horrible photographer, but it's still fun to look at the pictrues!

This picture is still by far my favorite! It was taken probably spring of 2007. I had some visitors here from church and the kids were playing so well in the front room that I just let them play since they were happy. This is what the room looked like when my visitors left!! Landynne is the one in the car - she was only a few months old at the time. Joey and Ethan are 'in jail' in the toy shelves that they have taken all the bins off of. Dyllan is playing and then of course my dog, Ace, was having a good time, as well.

This is one of my favorites of Ethan. This was Christmas of 2006. He was 14 months old at the time. I just think this picture really shows what an ornery kid he was - and still is! I love it!


This is also Christmas of 2006. From L to R is Aiden: 8 months, Joey: 17 months, Ethan: 14 months, and Dyllan: 16 months. I could NOT get them all to cooperate, so this is really as good as it got!

This is Ethan and Joey - they are such partners in crime! I was in the laundry room switching laundry - I was only out of the room for 5 minutes and came back to this. Ever since they just LOVE pulling the cushions off the couches and jumping and/or sliding when they get a chance. I'm not real sure whent his picture was, but I think it might have been some time early 2007.

This was Joey's birthday party when he turned 2. July 2007 Joey: 2 years, Landynne: 6 months, Dyllan: 23 months and Ethan: 21 months.

Turn your head sideways for thsi one... this was Christmas 2007. Dyllan (back L): 2, Joey (back R): 2, Ethan (mid L): 2, Jack (mid R): 14 months, Landynne (front): 11 months.



This is Easter 2008 (yes.. the date stamp is way off... just recently fixed it). Ethan (back L): 2 1/2 yrs, Joey (back R): 2 1/2 yrs, Landynne (front L): 15 months, Dyllan (front R): 2 1/2 yrs


This is Maggie (6 mo) and Savanna (4 mo) around christmas 2008

This is Joey (3), Savanna (4 mo), Ethan (3) and Maggie (6 mo), Christmas 2008.


This is Savanna (back): 9 months and Maggie (front): 11 months

The next three are from last Friday (5/8/09) - I actually braved taking all 4 to McDonalds by myself. It went really well and they all had fun, but the babies lost patience towards the end. I know the boys had a blast - they always do when they can run around!

The boys enjoying a hot fudge sundae after a hard day of playing.

Joye is the one running in the OSU jersey - I didn't get any good pictures of Ethan playing because he was here there and everywhere! I had a hard time keeping track of him. Joey's just too wussy to actually venture far into the play place.

Maggie enjoying a french fry - I teach the kids healthy eating habits early - can't you tell?? ha ha

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ditto on printing the blog off into a book. I have had NIL scrapbooking time and am too wiped out in the evenings to write in my journal... so I plan to upload my entire blog to Blurb and just have it bound into a book. If you haven't heard of it, I think you would like it. Your entire blog is there, posts, pictures, and comments.

Love the crazy messy room, btw. Too funny!