My friend, Amy, and I met in August of 2006 when I first got my horse, Olivia. When I moved Olivia in, her neighbor was a big white percheron named Ed. Ed was Amy's horse. Over time, Amy and I talked and became great friends! She is an awesome person. I blogged a couple months ago about how she was moving and getting a farm of her own. It's not too far away - only about 35 minutes. I unfortunately don't get to go out there very often, but I'm hoping as time goes by I'll be able to go there more. As I said before, her new place is amazing! It's super old and has soooo much charm. It just has soo much history! Here are a few pictures I took recently last time I went to visit.

This is the house! I love it - I always thought when we move (which of course will be a long time away..) I would want to build a new house. But, now that I've seen Amy's house, I've come to really want a rustic old farm house. I think the would be sooo fun to fix it up and make it my own, ya know? I love the summer kitchen off to the left of the house - super cute huh?? She's going to make it into her chicken coop, which I think is an awesome idea!

This is the red barn - she's not using it for anything currently, but I like it - you can tell when you go in it that it was hand built a looooong time ago. It's so neat!

This is looking out at her pasture from her front porch. Her 4 horses are there, though you can't really see them. On the L is Dancer, then Leo, then the black one is Bella, then Miley.

This is Arabella, Amy's new baby. Amy always talked about wanting to get another Percheron, or maybe getting a baby horse. Well, she got both! This is a paint/percheron cross and is one month shy of a year old. Her name is Arabella, but they call her bella. She's super sweet and soooo cute! I know Amy will do well raising her! Look how big she is at not even a year old - she's gonna be a BIG horse! It'll be fun to watch her grow.

These are Amy's new baby chicks - SO CUTE! She has 16. I can't wait to get my free-range farm fresh eggs when they get older! he he he

Joey with a chick - this one pooped on him - nice, huh?

Joey with another chick

Amy's daughter, Alyssa, with a chick. Alyssa is such a cutie and Joey just adores her!

Amy's kids, Michael and Alyssa and my Joey. I think the chick is giving Alyssa a kiss. I didn't get a picture of Amy's oldest, Brandon.
Best of luck to you, Amy, with your new place! I love it - whenever I come to visit it truly does seem like a little slice of heaven! I love it!!!
2 comments:
That's such a cute picture of Joey with the baby chicks!
Wow- that house does look amazing! I am happy for her that she has it. Joey is too adorable with those chicks. :)
Post a Comment