Can you believe it? Joey can write his own name all by himself! I am so proud of my little man. I really haven't even worked with him on it - he just figured it out one day. He did it the first time the other day at the barn on the white board - he was just coloring on the board and I wasn't paying attention and he said 'mommy - I wrote my name!' and I looked and he did! But unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me. But he did it again yesterday while we were playing with side walk chalk. He did a better job at the barn, but hey - side walk chalk is hard to write with! Yes, the J is a sideways, and the E has a few too many lines and the Y isn't quite connected, but hey - he's 3! And he has the main idea of L to R writing and the forming of letters. He has even gotten frustrated lately because he'll want to read a book, but (in his words) 'I don't know the words!' I can tell he really wants to read! I'm so proud of him. This is probably normal for a 3 - almost 4 year old, but I'm still proud of him. He's my little man! Oh - and underneith the JOEY in the picture is a 1 and an X. He's really gotten into writing those recently, too. He thinks it's funny to write 1s becaues 'they are easy' he says. he he he
1 day ago

4 comments:
smart kiddo! Is he going to be in preschool?
You can definitely see it. I think it is awesome! Go Joey! :)
lol i love your dad!
and yay for joey!!! he did a great job :-)
That's some good work! It's good that he's showing interest in reading and writing also...it's motivation to learn! :)
Post a Comment