Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Landscaping

The landscaping infront of our house has bugged me for... forever. I SO don't have a green thumb... whenever I have tried to plant anything out there, it has turned out down right yucky. I did edge around the flower bed and re-mulch once, but I still wasn't happy with it. Last year, while I was pregnant I got all gung-ho and decided we would do a retaining wall and all new plants and so on. I pulled up all the mulch, and took out one ugly half dead bush. But then my motivation went away, then I had Savanna and needless to say I have had better things to do. So for the past year our front flowerbed has looked awful - no mulch, over grown bushes, and LOTS of weeds. Well we got a flyer for a local landscaping company on our mail box and I thought, what the heck - I'll get a quote. They were out that night to give me a quote - which I thought was a great one!! and they finished the work within 4 days!!!

Here are some before(ish) pictures. (beforeish because I forgot to take the pictures before they started working, but they didn't do much except install the new plants in these pictures - you can still see all the yucky weeds and over grown bushes and stuff...

And here are the after...


Huge improvement, huh?? I love it! :) I just hope I can keep it up now... we shall see!

All in all for 5 new plants, 1 1/2 yards of mulch, 3 hours labor, transporting and installing new plants, and edging it was $290. I thought that was very reasonable!! ($80 for new plants, $40 for mulch, $50 transporting/installing plants, $120 labor) TOTALLY worth it in my opinion!

In the words of the mastercard commercial...

New plants/mulching/edging - $290
Having a front yard to be proud of (finally!!) and NOT having to do the work- priceless!!!

If you are in the columbus/pataskala/newark area and need a good landscaper, I highly recommend Integrity Landscaping - located in Pataskala. Give them a call at 614-557-5157. They do it all from simple weeding to retaining walls. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks beautiful! I look forward to the day when I can plant my own front yard...

but then, I guess I'd have to keep it up. Which I'm NOT sure I'm ready for. :)

Amanda B. said...

It really looks great!!! We drove by on Sunday and looked. I really like the red mulch. On our way out we noticed EVERYONE else in your neighborhood has black, but I way like the red better. They did great! :)

Brandy said...

We got a flyer in our mail box from them yesterday. It looks great!

Autumn said...

Looks great! I'm not a gardener or a green thumb but have decided I really need to try to be better-our yard needs some TLC and your "after" is great motivation!